Sunday, December 18, 2011

quick 'rita

Oops - disappeared while I wrote this entry!

Fruit juice, leftover strawberries, tequila in the liquor cabinet - time for a quick 'rita.

I love to order a margarita with friends when we dine out on Mexican - but until last winter, I had never made a margarita at home. The occasion was our book group ... and I was looking for something a little different.  I made a big batch of Ina Garten's Grapefruit Margarita's and they were a huge hit!  The recipe is in her book titled, 'How Easy Is That?' ... you've heard me rave about that one before!  This little recipe serves a weary mom and a friend nicely.  :)

Ingredients:
1/4 c strawberries, macerated in sugar
1 c ice
1 oz Cointreau
3 oz tequila
3 oz strawberry-kiwi juice
1 lime, juiced

Directions:
Blitz in the blender till smooth.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment