Friday, November 18, 2011

friday field trip: goose fair


Since moving to MA, I try to burn off a little steam each Friday by trying something out of my normal routine.  This Friday after some wonderful time outside enjoying the fall weather, I went on my weekly 'field trip' - this time right in Winchester.  Each year, on the Friday before Thanksgiving, The Parish of the Epiphany hosts an annual tradition, the Goose Fair.  It is a wonderful expression of community spirit when people from all generations and beliefs come together to enjoy a meal, shop for hand crafted items or used books and reconnect in a wholesome celebration of the holidays. This year, my eldest joined me for a 'shift' in the kitchen and we saw first hand the loving attention paid to the foods prepared and served at the Fair.  It was a lovely way to embrace the beginning of what can at times be a hectic time of year.

I hope you and your family will have time for a small fair or festival this season.  We'll bring you a family-sized version of their Swiss Chard Soup later this weekend.

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment