|Warm and cozy breakfast!|
On our first snowy morning of the new year, I felt ambitious enough to bake these pumpkin muffins. We found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen - easy, moist and the cinnamon sugar topping makes them extra special!
Adapted from the American club, in Kohler, Wisconsin via Gourmet Magazine
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin (from a 15 ounce can)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
2 large eggs
1 t pumpkin-pie spice*
1 c sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
cinnamon sugar for topping (or 1 t cinnamon + 1 T sugar)
*you can make this at home with 1/2t cinnamon, 1/4 t ginger + 1/8 each nutmeg and cloves - 'Thank you' to my DF Karen for this wonderful tip!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line muffin pan.
2. Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, spice, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl (or the bowl of your standing mixer).
3. Combine the flour and baking powder. Incorporate into the wet ingredients. Divide the batter among the muffin cups (about 3/4 full). Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake about 25-30 minutes (use wooden toothpicks to determine doneness).
5. Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then on a rack until room temperature.