Tuesday, January 31, 2012

green juice

this juice is magic
how could I possibly eat all these veggies in one day?!

our juicer is easy enough
for the kids to help with
I feel like I have been hearing stories about green juice ... and seeing pictures of green juice online ... more than ever before.  Looking back, the first time I remember hearing about this 'elixer of life', this 'key to the cleanse', was while watching a 'New Year: New You' type of episode on Martha Stewart back in 2007.

Since then, I have been pining away for a juicer.
(Only the best for Martha, her juicer was a little more than I wanted to invest.) Thanks to the generous reviews, I found a great juicer on Amazon for a reasonable price.   It's what I consider 'entry-level' and doesn't leave much fiber ... but I confess I find the juice more palatable that way.

So we took the plunge and I'm hooked.  We make juice 4 or 5 times a week.  It's not a fast ... just a supplement to what we already make in the morning.



The kids really love a pear and apple combination, so I begin there and then finish with extra veggies and herbs.  Maybe it will keep the winter colds at bay?

this is the pear-apple combo I serve the boys
Green Juice
My favorite morning combination

1 handful of spinach (kale or dandelion greens work, too)
1 organic pear
1 organic granny smith apple
(I take out two small servings for the kids at this point)
1/2 a cucumber
2 stalks celery
1 handful of parsley
(sometimes I add mint or dill if I have it on hand)
1 lemon, rind removed
1" piece of ginger


Delicious! (And I really notice a difference in my skin!)


If there are any juicers out there - let me know your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment